So you want to be a guest blogger?
Premeditated Fiction was started to be a resource for authors. My aim was to both help people to learn about public safety and also navigate the business side of publishing. I will be the first to say I don’t know everything. Furthermore, there are some things I have never experienced.
It is, for this reason, guest posts are welcome so other experts can share their insights.
Unlike some sites, I will not just post anything sent to me. There are some criteria to weed out the spam.
Why be a guest blogger?
This site is an informational resource and you have information to share. By posting here it increases exposure to your personal author platform and books. It also allows you to network and create some good will within the writing community. Finally, it is a PR tool and I bet your publisher is always asking about upcoming promotional plans
Kinds of post we are looking for
My goal is to be informative. So any guest blogs should be enriching for other authors.
If you are a civilian, you could write about
- Your process for writing a novel or story
- Tips for writing better
- Tips for Publishing
- Marketing advice or insight
- Thoughts on dialogue
- How you come up with plot ideas
- Reviews of books about writing and publishing
- Story research tips
- Social Media advice
If you work in Public Safety, you could write about
- A historical event that shapes how police/fire/EMS work today
- Current issues in public safety
- Lists of things you see in fiction that writers get wrong
- A story about a favorite call you took
- Answers to common questions you get about public safety
- A video “tour” of your department or your emergency vehicle
- An explanation of an advanced tactic or technique in civilian terms
- Reviews of books about your profession that civilian writers could read
How to get posted
Please email me with a query or pitch first. Nothing fancy just an email letting me know who you are, what you want to post about and why you are the right person to write this post. If you have a date in mind you need the post to go live on please let me know that also.
I will then contact you to ask for the full article. You should also have a short biography with links to your web page or books. Finally be ready to supply an image of your cover art and a head shot it you want them featured in the posting.
Please make sure you edited your work before sending it to me. I suck at editing, ask my editor she will happily regale you with tales of all my tense changes and periods on the wrong side of quotation marks.